Monday, February 2, 2009

The " Hole " Story

Well the bull has begun to fly. Les tells us he went ice fishing up at Skaguay last week and caught 6 keepers. That part I can almost believe. What follows is his story with no documentation or proof other than his word. It seems on the last catch of the day the trout wanted his tackle more than he did. Les watched in horror ( I would guess ) as his rod and reel disappeared beneath the ice. Now most of us would say what the hey and buy new equipment. Not tight ass Les, no sirree. He spends the better part of a beautiful afternoon drilling a total of eleven ( that's ten plus another ) new holes trying to recover his Barbie rod and reel. Jesus Les, I'll let you take my Walmart card to buy a new one! Thirty bucks worth of gas and two stroke oil for a eight dollar rod and reel. I guess when you get down to brass tacks it was worth it, for two reasons. First he did retrieve his gear with the trout still attached, and secondly we didn't have to listen to him whine! I'm sure the whine will come into play before too long. " Oh the wind blew in my fishing hut and I got soooooo cold ", or " I had to carry all the fish by myself ". Oh yea, It's just a matter of time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment