Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sea trials ( and tribulations. )


Me and Mijah


Searching for whale?



Mijah chasing waves at
Witches Cove




Beautiful Witches Cove




Well I got her in the water Monday, labor day. It started out poorly as I stopped at the shop to hook up the hose and check her out. she started right up no problem. Oil pressure good, water temp good, what can go wrong? I found out as soon as I put it in gear and absolutely nothing happened! To make a long story short the neutral safety switch ( which also shifts the out drive ) took a dump. After screwing with it for about two hours I finally jury rigged it so I could shift. About 1:30 in the afternoon I finally get her in the water. It runs good, although not as quick as I had hoped. Just gotta figure out the proper prop and that will be fine. It runs great all day until it's time to put her on the trailer. Damn tilt motor takes a shit. Anyway it's now Thursday and all the above problems have been taken care of. I'm adding a coupe photo's of her maiden cruise at Eleven Mile reservoir. Beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment