Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Progress update

Just a shell



Well we've been bustin butt on the 59 glass magic. She's all stripped, filled and sanded and ready for paint. We found two leaks in her, one on the keel and another on the starboard side of the bottom. ( See Photo's ) After a fair amount of fiberglass I'm pretty sure she'll be dry as a popcorn fart! We want to paint it in a nostalgic style with cream on the bottom, biege on the top and chocolate where it is red right now. Same sceme on the trailer. I picked up the trailer this afternoon from Greg's shop where we've been getting it ready for paint and dragged it to my shop where my buddy Jake got it all painted up nice and pretty. I'll put new carpeting on the boards tomorrow, then I can retrieve the boat from Gregs. We plan to start painting the boat Sunday. We'll paint the wheels and fenders at the same time. It'll be a two or three day process because of drying time. I almost forgot to thank Neil for all his help on this project. Besides helping with this project he's juggling work and school! How in the hell he finds time for Erin I'll never know! I love ya buddy!



Greg and the 59




Holes on the starboard side





Repaired keel



Here's some shots of the trailer with the fresh paint.











div>

No comments:

Post a Comment