Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Oops! Did it again!

Oh well, I've done it again. Got another boat. A 1976 19ft Carina hardtop. It's got a 302 Ford in it. I ran it a couple times last summer and it ran like a raped ape. That is after I replaced the engine coupler. It did however leak water badly from the transom plate. I removed the engine, outdrive and transom plate to access the transom plate gasket. The transom plate was literally finger tight. Not wanting to chance more problems, I went ahead and replace the gasket anyway. Now I'm just waiting for my buddy Frank from Pro Machine to make me an alignment tool. I have to adjust the motor mounts so the coupler lines up with the gimbal bearing. Pretty pricey bearing so I don't want to screw it up. I also needed a new shift lever and shaft that I found for 40 bucks at a boat junkyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment