Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Earl Scheib beware!


Put a fork in'er. She's done!


I like the blue



Cut the bimini top about 14 inch's



I thought the end was near. Darwin has completed all the wood work and it's all been installed. The new side panels are in, the tires have been pumped up, there's gas in the tank. The Bimini top has been cut down so we don't need clearance from air traffic control. We've even picked a name for her, " Dock Holiday ". Pretty much ready to go except for installing one interior light and laying down some carpet, right? WRONG. I had to go and open my mouth saying I wish the stripe on the boat wasn't such a god awful ugly brown. It would have been okay if I hadn't thought out loud and Greg and my buddy Paul weren't standing there. Next thing I know, the three of us and Harry are scraping registration numbers, filling holes and sanding the above mentioned " god awful ugly brown ". We picked a real nice royal blue we found on a NAPA parts box. We did find out the boat was originally registered in Florida and it was the thirty seventh boat ever made by National Boat Corp. ( It might have also been the last!) We even painted the transom and trailer fenders to match! I don't know about the rest of the guys, but I think it looks fantastic! I have to once again thank Greg, Darwin, Paul and Harry for the great help and effort they put forth. I couldn't, ( and wouldn't ), have done it without their help and expertize.

No comments:

Post a Comment